Instructional Activities (SKILLS)
- Air Riflery (10 years & under)
- Archery (9 years & up)
- Bible Study
- Blacksmithing (13 years & up)
- Disc Sports
- Field Sports (Thunderball, Flag Football, Kickball, etc.)
- Fitness for Life (13 years & up)
- Fly Fishing (11 years and up)
- Fly Tying (11 years and up)
- Horseback Riding*
- Junk Art (10 years & under)
- Kayaking (11 years & up)
- Lacrosse (11 years & up)
- Mountain Biking (11 years & up)
- Outdoor Skills
- Photography (13 years & up)
- Riflery (11 years & up)
- Rock Climbing (11 years & up)
- Stand Up Paddleboarding (11 years & up)
- Swim Sports
- Swim Stroke Development
- Swim with the Lifeguards
- Table Games (Foosball and Table Tennis)
- Trap Shooting (13 years & up)*
- Waterfront “Toys”
- Capture the Flag
- Challenge Course
- Mile Swim
- Movie Night
- Professional Entertainers
- Relay Games
- Talent Shows
- Theme Games
- Track Meets
- Water Basketball/Polo/Volleyball
- Waterfront Olympics
- Slip ‘n’ Sliding
- and MORE!
*Horseback Riding, Rocketry and Trap Shooting require an additional fee.
Starter campers will enjoy pre-assigned activities that may include Homesteading, Crafts, Nature, Sports, Outdoor Skills, Air Rifle, Archery and Waterfront activities as a group.
Optional Adventure Trips
One Day Lake James Trip – $150
The one-day trip to Lake James has long been one of camp’s most popular optional trips. All levels of watersports enthusiasts are welcome to participate. Our trained and experienced staff knows how to coach, encourage, and promote fun in a safe environment for beginners wanting to learn to ski, kneeboard, or wake board to seasoned veterans alike.
Horseback Trail Ride – $100
Horseback Riding at Camp Rockmont is an exciting optional adventure trip where campers can build confidence and trust with horses. Because our Riding Director works with our horses year-round, we are very familiar with their temperament and are able to pair them with campers for the highest level of learning and success. Learn more!
Whitewater Raft Trip – $150 (8 yrs and up)
Discover the excitement of whitewater, the
grandeur of forested mountain bluffs, the
tranquility of isolated pools, and the constantly
varying currents of a mountain stream. This
one-day trip offers a thrilling ride down some of
Appalachia’s most scenic and exciting rivers.
Participants will talk about this one for a long
time to come!