Is This For Me?
Jumpin’ in to a camp job is a big decision. It is a job that takes more than you might expect and provides benefits that you may not have considered. Here’s the scoop:
Research shows that the quality of the staff/camper interaction is the most important factor resulting in a positive camp experience and growth for a camper. Therefore, we have high expectations that our staff be…
+ Positive role models, while bringing their best attitude and using words with care.
+ Team players, focusing on building positive communities at camp, setting an example for the campers at all times.
+ Caretakers, creating a positive, safe, and supportive environment for all campers.
+ Servants, being willing to put others needs before your own.
+ Responsible, making good choices to care for yourself and keep yourself healthy, abiding by the camp policies and procedures.
+ Professional, conducting yourself as a child care professional at all times.
+ Intentional, allowing your work to be guided by our mission and values.
+ Enthusiastic, enjoying being around children and letting them know that you do with your words and actions.
+ Respectful, making a practice of appreciating yourself, your campers, your co-workers, and camp parents.
+ Resourceful, being able to dig deep into your reserves of patience, understanding, and perseverance in times of physical, emotional, or mental weariness.
+ Self-aware, being willing to engage in honest self-reflection.
Yes, the work can be demanding; but it is fulfilling, too, as you…
- Have little opportunity for boredom and lots of opportunity for growth.
- Learn how to work hard, play hard, and sleep well.
- Experience fresh air and beautiful views of three of the Southeast’s tallest mountain ranges.
- Earn a paycheck and save most of it.
- Discover more about yourself.
- Receive lots of job training and acquire skills that will transfer easily to other lines of work.
- Enjoy your time off.
- Cultivate friendships with new people in a welcoming community.
- Be encouraged in your spiritual life to be awakened to God’s love, grace, and faithfulness for you through your interaction with co-workers and campers.
If you believe that you are up to the challenge of working at Camp Rockmont, then check out the available positions for next summer!